1. Catch the deals on Black Friday! And don't miss out on what they now call Cyber Mondays. On Cyber Monday's you will be able to get online deals. http://www.cybermonday.com/
2. Check out Cadillac Records on December 5th. This movie chronicles the rise of Chess Records and its recording artist. Beyonce Knowles will play Etta James. Will this performance finally give her the Oscar she has been working for? I don't know...I just hope that they managed to create another classic like The Five Heartbeats. Do they even make classic Black movies anymore?
3. Don't let major companies get away with ignorance. A lady name Brenda McElmore went to JCPenny's to get her hair dyed and they told her no. The receptionist told her that they don't do African American hair. This lady asked for her hair to be dyed, not permed or pressed. I didn't know that it was extremely different dying techniques. But if they felt that they were not properly trained to deal with her texture of hair, they could have said that. Not, "We don't do African American hair".
4. Read Walter Mosley, the man in my basement. I am reading this book right now and it has truly kept my attention the entire time. "The book tells the story of Charles Blakey, a young black man who can't find a job, drinks too much, and, worst of all, stands to lose the beautiful home that has belonged to his family for generations. But Charles's fortunes take an odd turn when a stranger offers nearly $50,000 to rent out Charles's basement. Soon the boarder transforms the basement into a prison cell, Charles finds himself drawn into circumstances almost unimaginably bizarre and profoundly unsettling."
What book are you currently reading?
Do you have anything that has been passed down from generations in your home?
I have one of the pens that signed the right for women to vote, from my Great Grandmother. It is very important to hold on and pass down things that make up the history of your family.
5. Remember during the Holiday season that they biggest gift you can give your family members, is spending quality time with them. Take time this season to reach out to a family member that you do not speak to on a regular.