The "Keeping Up" Tip of the day gives us a few tips on what to put in a follow-up email after exchanging business cards with someone at a networking event. It is very important that you follow-up with people that you meet, especially if they can help you in your professional career. If someone gives you their business card, they want you to contact them. It is extremely important that you contact someone you have met within 3 days after meeting them. You never know what opportunities can come out of your follow-up. Below are a few tips that you can include in your follow-up email:
- Include the name of the event in the subject line
- If it was a professional contact, start email off with dear, and end with sincerely
- Make sure to say "nice to meet you" or "I enjoyed meeting you"
- Bring up something you discussed the day of the event
- Ask for a chance to possibly meet up with the person face to face
- Include contact information
- Keep it short and to the point!